Delicious chapathi for which the dough is made entirely in the blender without water with a secret ingredient that gives the chapathis a soft texture. Making chapathis can’t get easier than this.
If you are like me who doesn’t like to knead the dough for chapathis, then this recipe is totally for you. All thanks to my mom who mentioned about this super easy method of making chapathis. For this chapathi, there is no need to knead the dough and no need to add water. A secret ingredient is added which gives the chapathi a soft texture and also moisture to the chapathi dough.
Rice, cooked parboiled rice-to be precise is the secret ingredient. All you have to do is add wheat flour, rice and salt to the blender jar and pulse it several times until the dough comes together. Transfer it to a bowl and add a little more flour to make it less sticky and combine it. That’s all you have to do to make the dough. Then cook the chapathis like how you would normally do and smother it with ghee and serve immediately.
I have a lot of different recipes for chapathis in the blog. If you would like to check them, here are the links. Just tap on the names.
Try this one out and I’m sure you’ll like this recipe a lot because this definitely is the easiest chapathi recipe in the blog.
Soft Blender Dough Chapathi
- 1 1/2 Cups cooked parboiled rice
- 1 Cup Whole wheat flour (Atta) plus 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- In a blender jar, add rice, 1 ½ cups flour and salt. Do not add water.
- Pulse it several times until the dough comes together. There may be few rice here and there in the dough, but that’s alright.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl, add remaining ½ cup of flour and mix it togehter so that dough is not sticky. If the cooked rice is overcooked, then you may need more flour.
- Make small balls out of the dough and roll each into thin flat breads.
- Heat a pan and add the rolled chapathi on the pan. Let it cook for a minute on one side. Then flip it.
- Cook for another minute until there are borwn spots. Flip it again and let the chapathis fluff up. Spread ghee on the chapathis and serve.