A creamy, rich curry with flavors from many aromatic spices, and dried fenugreek leaves. This thick gravy goes well with chapathi, paratha or rice.
I love mild, simple curries. But mildly flavored doesn’t mean bland, it should have lots of flavors. I love this Reshmi Malai Chicken curry because it screams flavor. It really tastes so good for something so quick. You all will be amazed!
If you are bored with butter chicken, or tikka masala try this Reshmi Malai Chicken when you are craving for a rich north Indian curry.
Reshmi Malai Chicken Curry
For marinating chicken:
- 800 Grams chicken
- ½ Cup yoghurt
- 2 Tsp ginger garlic paste (I added one green chilli also while making paste)
- ½ Tsp red chilli powder
- ½ Tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ Tsp garam masala powder
- 1 Tsp kasuri methi dried fenugreek leaves
- ½ Tsp cumin powder
- 2 Tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 3-4 green chillies
- ½ Cup cashewnuts
- 1 Large onion diced
- ½ cup cream
- 1 Cup water
- ½ Cube chicken stock (optional)
- salt to taste don't add too much if you are adding chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Marinate chicken with all the ingredients listed above for 1 hour or overnight.
- Make a paste with cashewnuts and onion.
- In a pan, pour oil and add the onion cashew paste. Sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add marinated chicken into it and mix well. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add green chillies
- Pour water and mix well.
- Adjust salt. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Pour cream.
- Add chicken stock cube and mix well. This step is optional.
- Add coriander leaves and serve.
Recipe inspired from Get Curried