A casserole dish with a spicy chicken layer, mashed potato, cream cheese sauce and mozzarella cheese. It is easy to make ahead of time and bake later for a quick dinner.
Chicken and potatoes are best combination for any casserole dish. Because of the cream cheese sauce and the mozzarella, this dish is deliciously creamy and cheesy. I made this few weeks back and it was a huge hit at home. It is very easy to put this recipe together, and so I love making it for my family.
What I usually do is assemble everything without pouring the sauce, cover and keep in the fridge. When it’s time to bake, I just pour the sauce, sprinkle the cheese and bake it. It stays fresh in the fridge for 2 days.
Hope you will give this recipe a try. If you do, please post the tried picture on the comments section below in this post. Or send me the picture through Instagram or fb. I love seeing your food pictures. 🙂
Baked Chicken and Potato Casserole
For the chicken filling:
- 350 g Boneless chicken cut in strips (marinated with 1tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp red chilli powder and salt to taste)
- 2 Medium Size Onions Sliced
- 4 Pieces Chopped Garlic
- 1 inch Chopped Ginger
- 2 Pieces Green Chilies
- 1 Piece Carrot grated or cut in thin julienne
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- 1 tsp Steak Powder / Cajun Spice
- 1/4 cup Cooking cream/whipping cream
- 1 Parsley
For the cream sauce
- 1/2 Cup Cooking cream/whipping cream
- 3 tbsp Cream cheese/ Kiri cheese
- 1/2 tsp Chicken stock powder
For the mashed potatoes:
- 2 Large sized potatoes, removed skin and boiled in salt water
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Cooking cream/ whipping cream
- Salt if required
- Mozzarella cheese
- Chilli flakes
To make the chicken filling:
- In a frying pan, pour little oil and shallow fry the marinated chicken. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, saute onions, ginger, garlicand green chillies together until it turns soft and translucent.
- Add grated carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add paprika, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Add cajun spice and salt if required.
- Drop in the fried chicken and mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid and pour cream.
- Add parsley. Mix.
To make the cream cheese sauce:
- Combine all the ingredients.
To make the mashed potatoes:
- Mash the potatoes and mix in all the ingredients into it. If the potatoes are not salty enough, add salt.
- In a rectangular casserole dish, place the prepared chicken mix.
- Add jalapenos.
- Spread shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Spread the mashed potato mix on top. I tried to make small balls out of it and keep, but it wasn't covering the entire pan so I flattened it into discs.
- Pour the cream all over the dish.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over.
- Bake in a preheated 180C oven for 15 minutes with the bottom flame on. Then turn on the top flame and let the cheese melt and bake until you get golden brown spots all over.
- Sprinkle chilli flakes and serve immediately.
4 thoughts on “Baked Chicken and Potato Casserole”
Thanks for the recipe, was really good
Thanks Aysha, really happy to hear that
I made this the other day and it was delicious. Thanks for the recipe!
Thank you so much for the feedback Maryam.