This Simple Soft Butter Roti is ridiculously easy to make and is unbelievably delicious. It turns out soft and pliable each and every single time.
We have been having this Roti for the past two weeks continuously. We can’t get enough of this amazing stuff. I made it three times last week and I’m sure I’ll make it a few times this week as well(probably tonight). It’s truly phenomenal.
I found this recipe on Pinterest in a blog named Tamarind and Thyme. Please do check out her page too as she has written everything in so much detail and her Butter Roti looks more beautiful than mine. 😀
Butter Roti-Softest Roti Ever
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (Atta) I used 250ml cup
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 113 grams melted Butter
- 2 cups Boiling water Pour 1 ¾ cup water first and then add more if needed, I added 2 cups.
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, add both flour and salt. Mix.
- Pour melted butter and mix well until the flour looks like bread crumbs.
- Pour boiling water to it and mix with a spoon until everything comes together.
- Once it has cooled down a little, start kneading it until you get a smooth dough. Ifel it is not smooth enough, add more butter. Just like that if you feel it is sticky, add more flour.
- Make about 16 small discs out of the dough.
- Roll out the discs by adding more all purpose flour, so that it doesnt stick. I like to make thin chapathis.
- Heat a non-stick pan/tawa and add the rolled roti on it. Keep the heat to medium high.
- After a minute, flip the roti once.
- When you see small bubbles forming, flip it again. By then the roti will start to fluff up. Brush butter on top and take out.
- It just takes a minute or less to cook each roti.
- Place in paper towels to keep it soft and warm for longer.