A popular Indo-Chinese dish- Chicken Manchurian. Deep fried succulent pieces of chicken tossed in a spicy and saucy gravy.
Chicken Manchurian is my all time favorite. I used to love this dish since I was a child. Chicken Manchurian and Fried Rice is the ultimate combo. But this tastes great with noodles and plain boiled rice too. I have it with chapathi also.
This dish is quintessentially spicy and full of garlic flavor. This dish is served across the world more in Indian restaurants than in Chinese restaurants. This dish was originally a Chinese dish but our Indian chefs modified it by making it more spicy and adding Indian masalas to best suit the Indian tastebuds and oh, boy, it tastes so yum!!
There are many variations of this dish, and I love almost all them, except for those which has tons of cornflour making the gravy a thick blob. That I really don’t like. So be very careful while adding cornflour to the gravy, too much of it will spoil your dish. Try out this scrumptious Chicken Manchurian with this Spicy Chicken Fried Rice and feel completely mesmerized.
I had saved this recipe from a facebook group long back named Rasoii long back. The recipe credit goes to the person who posted this recipe there.
- 400 Grams boneless chicken thighs cut in cubes
- 1 Tsp Soya sauce
- 1 egg
- black pepper
- ¼ Cup corn flour
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- ¼ Cup tomato ketchup
- 3 Tbsp green chilli sauce
- 3 Tbsp red chilli sauce sriracha
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1 Tsp vinegar
- ½ Tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp ginger chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 Small onion chopped or spring onion whites
- 1 Small capsicum
- 1 Tsp corn flour mixed in 2 tbsp water
- ⅔ Cup water
- Marinate chicken with all the above ingredients and deep fry.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients for sauce and keep aside.
- In a pan pour little oil from fried chicken and sauté ginger, garlic and onion.
- Pour the sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add capsicum and cook for a minute.
- Pour water and. Let it come to a boil.
- Add fried chicken into it.
- Pour cornflour slurry. Cook for2 minutes on simmer.
- garnish with spring onion greens.