Creamy cheesy chicken filled inside soft and fluffy dinner rolls or homemade buns. These are the best meal for weeknight dinner, lunch or snack and a great appetizer for a party.
Doesn’t these rolls look amazing? When you bite into it, it will hit you with the most pleasant burst of flavors. The creamy chicken tucked inside is awesome. I can’t decide which part I like more, the the buns or the filling.
You can make the buns alone to use as dinner rolls and similarly you can have the creamy chicken inside flatbread or wrap. Please do give this recipe a try.
Dinner rolls filled with creamy chicken
For the Dinner Rolls:
- 250 Grams all purpose flour
- 1 Tsp instant yeast
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 125 Ml warm milk ½ cup
- 1 Large egg
- 42 Grams Butter at room temperature
- 1 Tsp salt
for creamy chicken filling:
- 300 Grams boneless chicken
- ½ Tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 2 green chillies
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- ½ Tsp black pepper
- ¼ Tsp oregano
- ½-1 Tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ Tsp garam masala powder
- 1 Tbsp red chilli sauce
- ½ Tsp red chilli flakes
- ¼ Cup mozzarella cheese
- parsley/coriander leaves
- egg for egg wash
- sesame seeds
- butter for brushing
To make dinner rolls:
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and knead well until you get a smooth dough.
- I kneaded it for 8 minutes in the stand mixer with dough hook attachment. You can knead with hand too.
- place in an oiled bowl and let it rise for 2 hours until doubled in size.
To make chicken filling:
- In a pan, add oil and once it turns hot add cumin seeds.
- Add onions, garlic and green chillies and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes on high heat.
- Once water reduced, add flour and mix.
- Pour milk and let it thicken stirring continuously.
- add soya sauce, red chilli sauce, red chilli powder, garam masala, oregano, black pepper and mix well. cook for 5 minutes.
- Finally add mozzarella and parsley. Filling is ready.
- Once dough doubled in size. Cut the dough into 10 parts.
- Make a smooth dough ball.
- Roll into oval shapes and fill the chicken at the edge as shown in the video.
- Fold the sides of the dough and roll the dough to close it.
- Place in a baking tray and not very close to each other and let it rise again for 1/2 an hour.
- Brush the rolls with egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake in a 180°C preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Brush butter when the rolls are still hot.