A very moist cake made with powdered digestive biscuit topped with a rich pistachio pudding.
I love making cake with pudding on top. I have posted many other cake recipes like this before. And all of it are amazing and I make them regularly for parties. It never fails to impress the guests. If you want to check them out, click on the cake names, Lotus Pudding Cake, Chocolate Biscuit Cake with Pudding, Chocolate Cavity cake with Oreo Pudding, and Pudding cake with Kinder Ganache.
I usually make this kind of cakes in a center raised cake pan, like a tart pan. In this pan, after baking the cake, there will be a cavity in which you can pour ganache or pudding or fruits. I really like this pan. I got mine from Tavola. I have seen this type of pans in Amazon too. If you don’t have this pan, you can still make this cake by frosting the cake with this pudding or by making a cavity in the center of the cake after baking in an 8 inch pan.
Hope you’ll give this recipe a try and will love it as much as we did.
Digestive biscuit cake with pistachio pudding
For the cake:
- 3 eggs
- ½ Cup sugar
- ½ Cup oil
- ½ Cup milk
- 1 Tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Cups powdered digestive biscuits
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp ground pistachios
For the pudding:
- 250 Ml thick cream
- 1 Sachet dream whip powder (whipping cream powder)
- 2 Tbsp Cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp evaporated milk (See notes)
- 2 Tbsp pistachio butter or condensed milk (see notes)
- 2 Tbsp powdered pistachios
To make cake:
- In a bowl add all ingredients except biscuits and baking powder. Whisk well.
- Add biscuits and baking powder and fold.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease and line a 28 cm center raised pan and dust it with flour and also place baking paper.
- Pour cake batter into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
To make pudding:
- in a bowl add all the ingredients and whisk until it turns thick.
- Refrigerate it for 1-2 hours.
- Let the cake cool completely and add the pudding on top.
- Garnish it with pistachio butter and ground pistachios.