This Chocolate Swiss Roll Cake is very easy to put together and you wouldn’t need an oven to make this cake, this is made on stovetop in a pan. I filled it with a simple Lotus Pudding Cream and that took the cake to the next level. Fill it with Nutella or your favorite filling and enjoy it till the last crumb.
This is absolutely the easiest roll cake recipe in the world. You can make it in minutes if you have unexpected guests at home. Its perfect for kids who want something “now”, as they can be put together and cooked easily and fill with Nutella. This pudding can be made the previous day and kept in the fridge and use it within 2-3 days.
This recipe is very similar to my 4 ingredient swiss roll cake which I posted few years back. If you want to check that out, here is the link.
I have posted the reels and shorts for this recipe on Instagram and YouTube. Please do check it out.
Chocolate Swiss Roll In a Pan
For chocolate cake:
- 1 egg
- ¼ Cup sugar
- ½ Tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp milk
For Lotus Pudding:
- 125 Ml thick cream
- 1 Sachet dream whip powder
- 2 Tbsp evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp Lotus Spread
- 2 Tbsp Cream Cheese
To make Chocolate Cake:
- In a bowl add egg, sugar and vanilla and beat for 5 minutes on very high speed until the egg becomes light and fluffy.
- Add oil and mix.
- Through a sifter add flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. GEntly fold with a spatula.
- pour milk and mix gently.
- Grease a frying pan with butter and pour the cake batter into it. Reduce heat to lowest and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- TAke a baking paper and place cake on it. Roll the cake along wiht the paper and let the cake cool.
To make pudding cream:
- Add all ingredients in a food processor and process well for 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate it for 2-3 hours.
- Spread cream on cake and roll again. Refrigerate for an hour. (It can be eaten immediately as well)
- Cut slices and serve.