A simple Prawn Fry Masala with very few ingredients but has big flavors.
Last week we were craving for a hearty prawn dish, not fried prawn which we make on repeat, nor a curry type dish. We wanted something with a nice masala, that is not heavily flavored with spices. I created this dish on an impulse when I realized that I had extra sliced onions in the fridge. I started preparing this dish without having a set recipe in mind.
So I just shallow fried the prawns and in the same flavorsome oil, I sautéed the onions for a few minutes along with green chillies. I didn’t want to add tomatoes as that will make the masala very mushy and paste-like which was not the type I was looking for. Then I added ginger garlic paste, dropped in the fried prawns and simmered for 10 minutes so that all the flavors blend well. Finally I added a lot of chopped coriander leaves and that’s it. Pretty easy right? but the flavor was awesome.
Hope that you enjoy this one. If you make it yourself, be sure to take a photo and send it to me or tag me on Instagram so that I can check it out. And thanks to all of my sweet readers who try out recipes from the blog and send me pictures almost everyday. I can’t tell you how happy I feel seeing your amazing food pictures. 🙂
- 350 grams prawns shelled and deveined
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 medium sized onions sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4-5 green chillies
- Coriander leaves
- Coconut oil
- Marinate prawns with red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Shallow fry and keep aside.
- In the same pan add in onions and green chillies.
- Saute on medium high heat till onions turn soft for about 10 mins. The onions doesn’t have to be very soft, a little crunch would be good.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the fried prawns. Combine everything.
- Cover with the lid and cook on very low flame for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and toss.
4 thoughts on “Prawn Fry Masala”
Lovely recipe and presentation, Sadia!
We often make curry-based Prawns at home, but your Prawns Fry Masala looks quite tempting. I’ll definitely try it out soon.
Thank you Harshad. Please do, hope you’ll like it. 🙂
I have tried lots of fried masala recipes, but none was worth the effort…. But this recipe is amazingly delicious, yet so simple…. ❤️❤️❤️
Thank you love❤️❤️