Mutton garlic is a flavorful semi-gravy dish which is cooked with lots of fried garlic. It is then roasted along with other spices till you get dry, slightly crisp mutton pieces which at the same time will be very tender inside. I’m sure this will be your go-to mutton dish once you try it.
If you are someone who enjoys mutton dishes, then don’t miss out on this delicious Garlic Mutton recipe. My sister in law, Fida shared this amazing recipe with me and we couldn’t get enough of this dish. The flavors in this is too good mainly because of the fried garlic in it. Please do try out this dish, I’m sure you will like it.
We had it with Kadai Veethiiyath and the combination was just perfect. It goes very well with chapathi or paratha too.
- 800 Grams mutton
- 2 Medium onions chopped
- ¾ Tsp garam masala powder
- ¼ Tsp turmeric powder
- 1 ½ Tsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 3-4 Tbsp coconut oil
- curry leaves
- 1 Full garlic minced
- 1 Tsp pepper powder
- 1 Big tomato
- 4 tbsp grated coconut
- In a pressure cooker, add mutton, onion, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Close lid and cook on high heat until pressure releases once (whistle). Reduce heat to low and cook further. Mine took a total of 20 minutes.
- In another pan, add coconut oil and fry the garlic until it turns golden brown. Take it out and keep aside.
- In the same pan, pour the cooked mutton. Cook until the gravy dries a bit.
- Add pepper and tomato and cook until tomatoes soften. Let the gravy become thick. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on low.
- Finally add fried garlic and mix.