This delectable dessert features layers of chocolate chip cookies, rich white chocolate cream, Lotus and Nutella spread, and is ideal for sweet lovers.
Chocolate desserts are the best. There is no debate here. Nothing beats a rich and chocolatey dessert at the end of a meal. I’m sure you will agree with me on this one. It’s the mid-term break for my little boy and and it’s also Kuwait National Day here. We have a 9-day vacation. Everyone is excited here.
We planned a picnic with cousins tomorrow and my task is to make a dessert. I was certain that I would prepare something involving chocolate because the majority of crowd will be children. I simply came up with this recipe with little bit of inspiration from Pinterest.
I normally start with a recipe test and only then shoot a video if it turns out well. But this time, I was convinced that I wouldn’t go wrong with these components, so I attempted the video on the first go. And I’m glad I did because it turned out delicious. Because this dish is rather rich, I’m relieved that I won’t have to cook it again for the video. I am looking forward to taking this to the picnic tomorrow.
If you’re planning a party, this dessert is sure to impress everyone. Please give it a shot.
Nutella Lotus Cookie Lasagna
- Chocolate chip cookies
- 3 cups thick cream/ stiff whipped cream or 2 cups thick cream plus 1 cup mascarpone cheese (I added this way)
- 190 grams white chocolate
- ½ Cup powdered sugar
- melted lotus
- melted Nutella
- crushed lotus cookies
- Take an 8 by 8 inch tray. Keep it ready for assembling the pudding.
- Dip chocolate chip cookies in milk and layer in the bottom of the tray.
- To make the cream, in a bowl add thick cream. Add powdered sugar and mix. (If you are using mascarpone, in a bowl add thick cream and sugar and mix. Then Add mascarpone cheese and mix well with a whisk)
- Melt the white chocolate in another bowl in 20 seconds bursts in the microwave stirring in between. Let the chocolate cool for a bit.
- Pour the white chocolate into the cream and mix immediately.
- Add half of the cream on top of the cookie layer.
- Pour melted Lotus and Nutella on top of the cream. You can add as much or little as you like. Mix it lightly on top with a fork or skewer.
- Add another layer of cookie dipped in milk.
- Add remaining half of the cream.
- Pour more Lotus and Nutella. Make patterns with skewers.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hours or overnight.