Mini mutton burger with Indian spices sandwiched between homemade mini potato buns. These are too cute to see and delicious to eat.
The holy month of Ramadan is almost here and I feel I have planned and prepared a lot this time. All thanks to the YouTube videos I am posting, I have become more organized. I started planning ramadan posts a month back and so I have freezer filled with food and masalas to use during Ramadan. If you haven’t checked out that meal planning video, here it is.
Since I will be posting a Ramadan deep clean and decor video soon, I am all set in that area too. House is squeaky clean, Alhamdulillah. Ah! It feels so good. Otherwise I am always a last moment person, and end up doing the cleaning, ramadan calendars etc, 2-3 days before Ramadan and finally end up being frustrated and stressed. I have a video on Ramadan calendars too, if you can’t get what that is. Click here. I’m happy that everything is ready, and I really hope I can utilize the maximum of this blessed month in terms of Ibadah.
This year I am starting the Ramadan food series with this cute little burgers with homemade potato buns. Since these are mini burgerlettes (it’s not a real word, I know ;D) its okay if you eat 10 of them because they are so itty bitty. Score!! The burger patty itself is so full of flavor since it has loads of spices in them. I assemble the burger with a spicy sweet chilli mayo along with the crunch of pickles jalapenos. Do try it out.
Mini Cheese Burger with Potato Buns
To make Potato Buns:
- 2 1/4 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tsp salt
- 43 Grams softened butter
- 1/2 Cup boiled, mashed potatoes packed
- 1 Tsp instant yeast
- ⅓ Cup lukewarm water Water from boiled potato
- sesame seeds
- melted butter
- 500 Grams minced meat
- 1 Medium onion
- 2 Tsp ginger garlic
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 Tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 3 Tbsp bread crumbs
- coriander leaves
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp black pepper
For chilli mayo:
- ½ Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tsp honey
- 2 Tsp sriracha sauce/chilli sauce
- ½ Tsp red chilli flakes
- pickled jalapeños
- cheese slice
- sriracha sauce/ chilli sauce
To make Potato Buns:
- Mix and knead all of the ingredients together by hand or using a mixer till you get a smooth, soft dough. I kneaded it for 15 minutes.
- Place the dough in a slightly greased bowl and cover the dough with little oil all over. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise for about 90 minutes till it doubles up in size.
- Gently deflate the dough and divide the dough into walnut sized balls. I weighed 20 grams for each ball.
- Brush the top of dough with melted butter and sesame seeds.
- Bake the rolls for 10-15 minutes, until they turn golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with more melted butter.
To make Burger:
- Add all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- Make small discs out of it. Each burger was 25 grams.
- Shallow fry in oil for 15 minutes until it turns golden brown on both sides.If you are assembling right after frying the burger, place a slice of cheese on top of the hot burger so that the cheese melts and sticks on it.
- Slit open the mini buns from the center.
- Add a spoon of chilli mayo on it. Place burger with cheese on that.
- Add lettuce, jalapenos, chilli sauce. Spread plain mayo on other slice of bun and close the burger. Serve immediately.
Burger recipe adapted from Recipes of the world