Tissue Paper Crepes, Gluten free rice crepes made with just three main ingredients that turns out soft and thin like tissue paper. Have it with Clarified butter (Ghee), sugar and coconut milk for breakfast or with spicy chicken curry for lunch or dinner. It literally melts in the mouth.
Here is another amazing recipe which I am extremely excited to share with you all. This tissue paper dosa has been taking rounds in our menu over and over again. Because why not, it is super easy to make (just 3 main ingredients), tastes extraordinarily good, doesn’t take a lot of cooking time and it goes well with almost every curry.
This recipe is a contribution by my mom-in-law again. I have so many of her recipes in the blog, everything a success post. If you want to see more of her recipes, you just have to search mom-in-law in the search bar and you’ll get a big list of recipes. 😁 Thank you dear Uma 😘.
Hope you give this recipe a try. We loved it, even my 8 month old baby. It is really soft and so melts in the mouth.
3 Ingredient Tissue Paper Crepes/Dosa
- 1 Cup Jeerakashala rice/ basmati rice
- 2 eggs
- ½ Cup cooked parboiled rice
- 2 Cups water
- salt to taste
- Soak jeerakashala rice in water for 2 hours. Wash and drain the rice.
- Add drained rice to a blender jar along with eggs, cooked rice and ½ cup of water.
- Blend it well until you get a smooth silky batter. There shouldn’t be any grainy texture.
- Pour this to a bowl and add 1 ½ cups more of water.
- Add salt. The batter is ready.
- Heat a flat non-stick pan on the stove and pour one ladle full of batter on the pan. Swirl the pan to spread the batter all around to make crepes.
- The crepes gets cooked within seconds. Spread ghee all over the crepe, fold it and transfer to a plate. The crepes need not be flipped.
- Repeat the same with the remaining batter.