A wonderful edible gift, brownie in a jar that can be made in advance. This brownie in a jar only needs raw dry ingredients, a recipe card and the packaging. Best of all, you don’t have to bake them yourself.
Homemade food gifts can be the best gift you can give someone as they are personal and come from the heart. Baking goodies are my personal favorite edible gifts as they have long shelf life and so can be made much in advance. Wrap these up in a glass jar, dress them up with ribbons and labels and give them as gifts to anyone.
All that your friend have to do is, whisk together eggs, water, oil and vanilla and tip the contents from the jar into it and mix. The batter will be ready to be baked.
If you are planning to make a gift basket with personalised gifts in it, this brownie in a jar would be a good option. It is budget friendly and also a genuinely thoughtful gift for family or friends.
EDIBLE GIFTS 1 - BROWNIE IN A JAR
- 1 cup all-purpose flour plus 2 tbsp
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans/walnuts
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ⅔ cup melted butter/oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
To make the brownie mix in jar:
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl and keep it ready.
- To assemble the jar, layer half of the flour mix in the bottom of the jar.
- Add cocoa powder.
- Layer the remaining flour mix.
- Next add a layer of the brown sugar.
- Then a layer of white sugar.
- Then add milk chocolate chips.
- Then white chocolate chips.
- Finally add the nuts.
- The jar is ready to be gifted.
To prepare the brownie:
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, oil and water.
- drop the ingredients from the jar into the bowl and mix well.
- Pour into a well greased and lined 8 inch baking pan.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out with few moist crumbs.