Very juicy and flavorful homemade chicken burger that can be pre-prepped and frozen.
When you are in need of a simple dinner in a hurry, or thinking what to give your kids for their lunch box in the morning, this straight-from-the-freezer burger recipe is all you’ll need to save the day! I usually make dishes like this to keep in the freezer to use whenever I am tired or short of dinner ideas.
I used to stock up my freezer with store bought frozen burgers even though I know that it is not the healthiest option to give the kids and even eat ourselves. So this month I purposely didn’t buy anything from the frozen aisle of the supermarket so that I’ll make an effort to make healthy homemade food more often. I’m so relieved that I have these healthy burgers ready to be cooked in the freezer. We love these burgers, hope you’ll give this recipe a try and will love it as much as we do.
Freezable Juicy Chicken Burgers
- 400 Grams minced chicken thighs
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- ¼ Tsp thyme
- 1 Tsp red chilli flakes
- ½ Tsp black pepper powder
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp lemon juice
- ½ Tsp garam masala powder
- coriander/ parsley leaves chopped
- ¼ Cup bread crumbs
- Mix all the ingredients together and let it rest in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Take it out and made patties with your hand or with the help of a burger press.
- cover in cling wrap or separate with baking paper and freeze it and use when needed.
- To cook the burger, shallow fry in little oil until golden brown and cooked through for 15 minutes.
- Make a sauce by mixing mayonnaise, sriracha and honey.
- Toast the burger bun in butter and spread mayo sauce, place burger, lettuce, mayo and close with other half of the bun. You can add onions, tomatoes, ketchup etc.