A refreshing dessert which tastes just like tender coconut pudding but without coconut. Instead there is a special ingredient which gives it that amazing flavor. It is a very simple dessert recipe with just 5 ingredients.
Who doesn’t like tender coconut pudding?? That is one pudding which easily becomes everyone’s favorite. This particular pudding surprisingly tastes a lot like tender coconut pudding. This is also soft, melt in the mouth, silky smooth, wobbly pudding with mild flavor.
The entire credit for this recipe (which I consider as a treasure) goes to my sister in law, who we lovingly call Shamlammayi. She had made a contribution to the blog long back with the recipe of most of your favorite, Super Soft Chapathi with a Secret Ingredient. I just realized both the recipes has a secret ingredient which plays a major role in contributing distinct flavor to the dish.
Here that one “special” ingredient is Dragon Fruit. Yes, very unusual to use in a dessert right?! But this is like magic. It imparts flavor of tender coconut for some reason. I am so happy because I don’t get good tender coconut here in Kuwait, and from now on when I crave for tender coconut pudding I can make this. The best part is that it is very easy to put this pudding together with just 5 ingredients. So let’s move on to the recipe.
Tender Coconut Flavored Pudding without Coconut
- 1 Big dragon fruit or 2 small
- 200 Grams fresh cream
- 15 Grams gelatin (melted in ¼ cup water in a microwave)
- 500 Ml milk
- 1 Tin sweetened condensed milk (397 g)
- Remove the skin of dragon fruit and mash it well with a smasher or fork.
- Add cream to it and mix well.
- In a pan, pour milk and let it come to a boil.
- Pour condensed milk and mix well.
- Pour melted gelatin thorugh a strainer and mix well.
- take it off the flame and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Pour it into the dragon fruit mash. Mix well.
- Pour it into a pudding tray and let it set overnight.
- garnish with pistachios and serve.