A delicious trifle pudding, with layers of mango, white chocolate cream, pound cake soaked in mango juice and finally topped with a caramel custard dome. I am not lying, this is one of the best desserts in my blog.
This trifle is a perfect dessert for the summer. It is refreshing and light. The juicy, sweet mango and white chocolate cream combination is something else and when combined with custard, it is truly unique. Since it is mango season, I’ve been thinking of posting a mango dessert recipe for so long but never got to actually making any.
We started getting the sweetest mango of all mangoes, the ultimate Pakistani Chonsa Mangoes. I don’t think there would be any mangoes better than this. It tastes like honey, I swear. So I had to use the mangoes in a dessert and I completely created this recipe all by myself and I am super proud. I enjoyed every spoon of this dessert so much that I close my eyes, savor every moment it stays in my mouth, and just let the whole world fade away. This is the best type of food therapy. 🙂 I enjoyed it so much that I could happy-cry a little bit.
I swear I am not exaggerating, this really is superb. I should probably stop now as I can keep on talking about how amazing this dessert is and bore you guys to tears. Hope you’ll try making this for Eid or just any day, perhaps during your weekend and please let me know how it went for you.
Caramel Custard, White Chocolate & Mango Trifle Pudding
- 1 Sachet Instant Caramel custard powder (prepare as per package directions)
- ½ Cup Whipping cream
- 250 ml Thick cream
- 114 Grams White Chocolate (Melted in microwave in 20 second bursts or in double boiler)
- ¼ Cup Powdered sugar
- Ripe Sweet Mangoes Cut into small cubes
- Vanilla Cake I used pound cake
- Mango juice
- Prepare caramel custard as per package directions. Pour into silicon moulds and refrigerate. (I always add less milk than what is mentioned in the package)
- In a bowl, add whipping cream and powdered sugar. Whip well until you get stiff peaks.
- Pour melted and cooled white chocolate into it and mix gently until combined or beat on very low speed until just combined.
- Gently fold in the thick cream into the it.
- Keep the cream refrigerated for an hour for it to set a bit. (This step is optional, you can use it directly to assemble too)
- To assemble, place the cake in the mini trifle cup at the bottom.
- Drizzle mango juice all over the cake.
- Add mango.
- Pipe the white chocolate cream into it.
- Repeat the layer once more.
- Finally place the caramel custard on top.
- Garnish it with mangoes and pistachios.
4 thoughts on “Caramel Custard, White Chocolate & Mango Trifle Pudding”
Is it fresh mango juice?
No, store bought. 🙂
Hii… Loved it and going to try today for eid… Jus letting yiu kniw, the thick cream isn’t mentioned in the r ingredients list ..
Also would it make a difference if we whip the cream and icing sugar together like you wrote in the recipe ir should the cream be whipped first and then finally add icing sugar like you show in the video..
Oh no, thank you for letting me know. Edited. Yes, you can add powdered sugar in the beginning itself. That would be better. 🙂