A basic samosa with chicken and cheese filling, but we’ve taken it to the next level by breading it before frying. It will be too hard to resist.
This is the last snack recipe for this year’s Ramadan series. It is nothing complicated or unique. I’m sure many will already be making this type of samosas. But this was new for me and I thought I’ll share it with you because I loved it.
The filling is made of mozzarella cheese and chicken with lovely flavors from paprika, chilli flakes, pepper and cumin. Your can add more or less cheese as per your liking. When breading the samosas it turns out very crispy on the outside which makes it taste delicious.
Breaded Chicken & Cheese Samosa
For the Chicken Filling:
- 250 Grams Shredded Chicken (Cooked by boiling with salt, turmeric and black pepper powder)
- 2 Medium Onions
- 1 Tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 Green chillies
- 1 Carrot Chopped or grated
- ½ Tsp Black pepper powder
- ¼ Tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ Tsp Cumin powder
- 1 Tsp Paprika powder
- ½ Tsp Red chilli flakes
- ½ Cup Sweet corn
- Salt To taste
- coriander leaves Chopped
- ½ Mozzarella cheese Increase quantity if you want to
- Frozen samosa sheets
- bread crumbs (Corn flakes crumbs would be good too)
- egg white
- Flour paste (Made by mixing a tbsp of flour and little bit of water to a thick consisitency)
- Bread crumbs
To make the filling:
- In a pan, saute onions in oil.
- Add green chillies and ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Add in the carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in all the spice powders and salt.
- Drop in the shredded chicken.
- Add corn and coriander leaves. Mix, cover and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Let the filling cool completely. Once cooled, add in the mozzarella cheese and mix.
- Take a samosa sheet and add filling and roll it into samosa shape, sealing the edges with the flour paste.
- Dip it in whisked egg white and then the bread crumbs or crushed corn flakes.
- Deep fry in oil and drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve and enjoy.