Super easy Baklava made with a single step. All that has to be done is slice the fillo pastry into slices and bake with a good drizzle of ghee or butter. Serve it with sugar syrup and pistachios, instant baklava ready with minimal effort!
If you love baklava but are lazy to assemble the traditional way with layers of butter and nuts, try this easy one step method. Check out the video to see how it’s made. I’m sure you’ll love it.
Single Step Pistachio Baklava
- 8 Filo Pastry sheets
- Melted ghee/ butter
- sugar syrup
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tsp Rose water and orange blossom water
- Roll 8 sheets of filo pastry together into a log.
- Cut it into slices.
- Brush mini cupcake pans with ghee and place the filo slices in it.
- Pour generous amount of ghee all over the filo slices.
- Bake at 180 C for 40 minutes or until golden brown in color.
- Take it out and pour sugar syrup over it.
- Add pistachios on top of each baklava and pour a bit more syrup on top.
For Sugar Syrup
- Add sugar and water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil stirring continuously until sugar completely melts.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour rose water, orange blossom and lemon juice.