Chicken Mayo Sandwich is undoubtedly the classic. Shredded chicken is tossed with creamy textures and mixed with crisp cabbage, carrots and green chillies.
Chicken mayo sandwich was something that I grew up eating. My mom used to make only few sandwiches back in the days when we were in school, chicken mayo being one. We all loved this recipe back then and for sure we loved it more now. Even our kids love it. I like to have it with toasted bread, but my husband like it in hot dog buns. Even onions can be added in the sandwich mixture.
This filling is very easy to make, it keeps cooking to a minimum making it a perfect throw together meal. I usually add a lot of parsley in the filling, but I didn’t have it with me when I was shooting the video so I couldn’t show it there. But don’t skip it, it really brings heaps of flavor.
The Ultimate Chicken Mayo sandwich
- 250 Grams chicken
- 1/4 Tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 Small carrot
- 1/3 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup cream cheese
- 1 Tsp red chilli flakes (adjust as per preference)
- 1 Tsp sugar
- 3 green chillies
- bread slices
- sriracha sauce/red chilli sauce
- In a pressure cooker, Add chicken, pepper powder, water and salt. Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, add the cabbage and carrot. Chop it.
- Transfer it into a bowl.
- Add the cooked chicken into the food processor and chop it.
- Transfer the chicken into the bowl with the veggies.
- Add green chillies, red chilli flakes, mayo, cream cheese, sugar, parsley and black pepper. Mix well. The filling is ready.
- Toast the bread slices in butter.
- Put a generous amount of the filling on the bread. Add sriracha sauce and close the sandwich witht he other slice of bread. Serve immediately.