These Pull-Apart Sliders are a crowd pleaser with a flavor packed Chicken Fajita filling, jalapeños and stringy cheese.
These Chicken Fajita Pull-Apart Sliders are perfect to have on a cozy evening, tucked inside a blanket on the couch when watching a nice something on TV. We always love to have dinners like this especially on weekends. This became a huge hit at our place, it tasted fantastic and is so simple to make. When we buy buns, it has to be the Potato Buns. Recently, we started getting soft and fluffy potato slider buns and I think just about anything would taste great stuffed into it.
Now lets talk about the Chicken Fajita filling. Well, I’m not very sure if this is the traditional way of making it but I searched for Fajita seasoning recipe online and made a mix of my own by using whatever I had in hand. And I used soya sauce, which I doubt if it is used in Mexican cooking. It is very easy to make this dish and the flavors are incredible. You can actually tweak the recipe and add or omit few ingredients here and there. The heat level can be controlled as well.
I initially thought of making a sandwich in toast bread or a Fajita wrap in tortilla, but I changed my mind and used the slider buns. But you can make a wrap with tortillas and add in guacamole, and other fixings. It would taste great too. Hope you love my homemade Chicken Fajita Pull-Apart Sliders as much as we do!
Chicken Fajita Pull-Apart Sliders
For the Fajita Spice mix:
- 1 ½ Tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ Tsp Cumin powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander powder
- ¼ Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- ½ Tsp Ginger powder
- ½ Tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Red chilli flakes
- ½ Tsp Oregano
- 450 Grams Boneless chicken cut in thin strips
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Medium Onion Sliced
- ½ Yellow capsicum
- ½ Red capsicum
- 1 Tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup/chilli garlic sauce
- 12 Slider buns
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Chicken fajita
- Pickled jalapeños
- Mozarella cheese
- Butter Optional
- Mix all the ingredients for fajita spices mix in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a pan, pour oil and add the chicken.
- When the chicken turns white in color, add a tbsp of the spice mix. Cook for a minute.
- Add sliced onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add capsicums and cook for3 minutes. Add salt.
- Add remaining spices and mix.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add soya sauce and ketchup. Cook on high for a minute or more.
- The filling is ready.
- Cut the whole sliders which are attached together from the middle into two halves.
- Spread sweet chilli sauce on one side.
- Add chicken fajita mix.
- Add jalapeños and onions.
- Spread mozarella cheese all over and close the bun.
- Microwave it fora minute or two until the cheese gets melted or bake it for 10 minutes by covering it in foil fully.
- Brush the top of bun with butter. Serve immediately.