Super moist chocolate cupcakes which are a breeze to make without any complicated steps. The best part about this recipe is that it stays fresh and moist for days.
A rich chocolate cupcake recipe which is anything but basic. I’m sure many of you will be looking for a go to recipe for a good chocolate cupcake. Well, I can definitely say that this is a perfect cupcake recipe which can be made with the basic ingredients in your kitchen and can be added to your repertoire.
I make this often for my little chocolate cake crazy boy, my Hamad. I made it with a Nutella frosting and tasted yumm. I won’t be posting the recipe for that here today because this is like a foundation recipe post for chocolate cupcake. This cupcake can be used as a plain canvas on which you can add any flavored frosting, because everything goes well with chocolate right? So here goes the recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup very hot water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line cupcake pan with liners and keep it ready.
- Combine all the dry ingredients from flour to salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine all the wet ingredients which are egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla in another bowl. And mix with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well until combined. Do not overmix.
- Add hot water to this and mix immediately, scraping the sides of the bowl. You will get a thin batter.
- Pour this batter into the liners only half way full and bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. It is okay if the toothpick inserted comes out with only few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Recipe fully from House of Nash Eats
6 thoughts on “Moist Chocolate Cupcake (which stays soft for days)”
Made this , and it was fabulous, it tastes so good, thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. I’m very sorry for replying so late.
سلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Made this today and it came out perfect الحمد لله
Soo moist and yumm! Your recipes rarely failed for me! Though I search here and there for a particular recipe… in the end, it’s from here I get that recipe to try with confidence! بارك الله فيك
First of all, I am very sorry for replying so late. And thank you very much for this sweet comment. Please keep supporting. ♥️
I made this..soo perfect..thank you soo much
Thank you soo much for the feedback. Means a lot Zaaki ♥️♥️