Super moist chocolate cupcakes which are a breeze to make without any complicated steps. The best part about this recipe is that it stays fresh and moist for days.
A rich chocolate cupcake recipe which is anything but basic. I’m sure many of you will be looking for a go to recipe for a good chocolate cupcake. Well, I can definitely say that this is a perfect cupcake recipe which can be made with the basic ingredients in your kitchen and can be added to your repertoire.
I make this often for my little chocolate cake crazy boy, my Hamad. I made it with a Nutella frosting and tasted yumm. I won’t be posting the recipe for that here today because this is like a foundation recipe post for chocolate cupcake. This cupcake can be used as a plain canvas on which you can add any flavored frosting, because everything goes well with chocolate right? So here goes the recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup very hot water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line cupcake pan with liners and keep it ready.
- Combine all the dry ingredients from flour to salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine all the wet ingredients which are egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla in another bowl. And mix with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well until combined. Do not overmix.
- Add hot water to this and mix immediately, scraping the sides of the bowl. You will get a thin batter.
- Pour this batter into the liners only half way full and bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. It is okay if the toothpick inserted comes out with only few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Recipe fully from House of Nash Eats